Monday, November 16, 2015

Day 4 down- this is for the birds.

This weekend sucked. I will fully admit it. I spent a lot of time prepping myself for this change. Between the time I met with the doctor the first time and the time that I said yes to this life change I didn't know how much it would actually suck. I will recap it as best as I can however, I can tell you I miss real chewing food.'

Friday was day two. The second full day that I decided to keep this change going. 1000 calories of prescribed food per day. Five meals of 200 calorie packets of food. Chocolate drinks, pudding, soups, even some fruit drinks but that is it. I am a picky person when it comes to smoothies and drinks so this is a challenge. Four weeks is going to be a hell of a time since four days has been so long. Here is a break down of my first weekend. The full suckage as I will call it.

Friday at work is easy. No temptations, no one to please but myself. I had my protein drink in the morning, a cup of soup in the lunch time and then pudding in the afternoon. Easy right? Not so much. When I went home the challenges started. Mark met me and the girls at the Christmas Holiday Market downtown which is where the challenges started. Everyone was hungry so we ventured to Shanghai Mamas for dinner. I knew I needed something to keep me going. I started panicking on our walk there. I knew I was active and had plenty of active time in the day but I had to go against my prescribed diet. I was lucky that I had some options for veggies (green beans and a little bit of pork). While it wasnt the best choice I made it work.

Saturday was much harder. I had my meals for breakfast and lunch and I made a big mistake in the afternoon. I was working outside and hungry and totally forgot about my diet. I ran in and grabbed a snack (not the one I should have had). I owe myself some workout time to make up for that. Dinner was easy with the soup but again I am getting tired of only a couple of choices.

Sunday was also rough. Girls had a pizza party at Chuck E Cheese and I hadnt eaten. I grabbed a small piece of Georgia's left over pizza and regretted my decision. I was able to pick it back up and finish my meals for the day without any issues.

These next few weeks are going to be tough. Bear with me as I am sure I am a pain in the butt and not friendly as I get used to these changes. I feel like I need to wear a badge that says " Forgive what I say, I am on a diet"

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment